8th December 2016


1.   Attendees:- AB, DC, RC, CLF, SL, TN, AR and ET.  Apologies received from: Carole Girling, Sarah Edwards, Beth and Steve Gillan.

Andy Bateman agreed to chair the meeting and take notes.

2.    Review of last meeting action points and matters arising.

2.1         Questionnaire. AB gave an update on status of Questionnaire. TN/BG has provided Employment questions. Since version 2 being issued, AB has received comments which he is incorporating. CLF had some additional comments which he talked through in the meeting. AB will address these. Following ‘open’ discussion it was agreed that apart from the first and last page, the Questionnaire will be printed in black and white to save money. Also, where there were separate comments boxes; there would only be one comment box which would be added at the end. This hopefully will shorten the document. It was agreed to delete the question on bus service and usage.

Action: AR has asked the WDCC for a copy of parish boundary/development area map to include in questionnaire.

Action: AB/ET will make final changes (w/c 12/12/16) and then issue to TN for printing so 3 copies each can be used for ‘pilot’.

Action: Committee members to send their ‘pilot’ questionnaire to recipients and obtain comments by the next meeting (19th January). Questionnaire to be finalised before village presentation on 28th January, 2017.

Action: AB will arrange to get Questionnaire printed off after final comments.

Action: ALL to deliver Questionnaire by hand 1st week in February 2017.   

2.2         Answer phone: It was agreed mobile phone would be the easiest to set up as no land lines available in Council offices.

Action: DC to discuss with Melissa about acquiring a mobile and setting up a contract.

2.3         Printing. AB has previously obtained 3 quotations for printing but will need to obtain a fresh quotation from preferred supplier as it will now be mainly in ‘black and white’ on A3 paper but in A4 booklet. It was agreed that the questionnaire would be better contained in an A4 envelope labelled Charmouth Neighbourhood Questionnaire – Have Your Say!

2.4         Budget. Budget has been checked by CG for this year and there should be sufficient budget for printing and setting up a web site.

2.5         Website. DC and AB have just met Tim ?, who is suggesting we use WordPress for the website. A quotation is being sought, it is planned to have the website up and running by the end of January, 2017.

Action: DC will obtain 2 other quotes from other suppliers.     

2.6         Additional questions and feedback on questions have been given and covered in 2.1 above.


3.    Seafront Enhancement Project Update

3.1         AR gave the meeting an update from last night’s presentation given by Simon Williams to stakeholders. AR talked through some of the slides. There will need to be public consultation and Parish council will lead this and take it forward to develop plans.


4.    AOB. Discussion was briefly held about St Ives ruling but no immediate action was required.


5.    Date for next meeting and plan going forward.

Thursday 19th January, 2017 - 7.30pm at Community Hall (needs to be booked)

Village Presentation: Saturday 28th January to present questionnaire. Questionnaire to be issued 1st week in February.


AB Andrew Bateman; ABr Alan Brownjohn; DC David Clifford; RC Ros Cole; LC Lorna Cowan; PD Phil Davidson; SE Sarah Edwards; SF Simon Farrington; CF Chris Fraser; BG Beth Gillan; SG Steve Gillan; CG Carole Girling; SL Simon Leech; TN Teresa Noel; PN Peter Noel; PO Paul Oatway; JP Jeff Prosser; AR Adrian Ragbourne; ET Eden Thomson; TT Tanya Trenholm.

Loading... Updating page...